The Business License Reserve fund was established by the Richland City Council to promote business activities for the purpose of core development, tourism, general economic development, capital expenditures for community improvements, and prevention of blight. Funding originates from a 22% reserve of the City's Business License Revenue. The program awards funding to eligible organizations annually for projects to be completed for or within Richland in the award year.
Click here for the Program Application (Fill out using Microsoft Word or Open Office)
Eligible entities for funding include the Tri-City Regional Chamber of Commerce, Visit Tri-Cities, City Business Improvement Districts (Uptown BID and Downtown BID - The Parkway), Small Business Development Council of Washington and SCORE of the Mid-Columbia.
Other individuals and organizations may collaborate with eligible entities on project's applying for funding, but the main applicant must be an eligible entity, sign off on the project and agree to be a part of the presentation and management of funds.
Additional qualifications and requirements are detailed within the application, and within Richland Municipal Code Section 5.04.385 - 5.04.387.
- Richland Public Works - $25,000 ADA Accessibility in the Central Business District with the use of flashing beacons and improved sidewalk access.
- Richland Public Works - $20,000 for streetscape and safety improvements to add to the George Washington Way Resurfacing project to take place summer 2019.
- Commercial Facade Improvement Program - $55,000 to support multiple awards to the City's Commercial Improvement Program, defraying the cost of facade, curb appeal, and energy efficiency improvements to the exterior of Richland businesses.
- Richland Business & Economic Development Office - $8,000 to support the Business Improvement District's Small Business Saturday events, welcome packets for new businesses, walk able downtown maps and annual passport program development.
- Uptown Business Improvement District - $5,000 to support and sponsor the 20th annual Uptown Chalk Art Festival
- Uptown Business Improvement District - $12,500 to support the installation of new murals as part of the ongoing Uptown Mural Program as well as start the improvements to a new mural program in the alley of the Uptown.
- Uptown Business Improvement District - $5,000 to support the purchase and unification of the garbage can lids surrounding the Uptown in the public areas.
- Downtown Business Improvement District (Parkway) - $5,000 for the removal, refinishing and install of the garbage cans and benches throughout the Parkway.
- Downtown Business Improvement District (Parkway) - $3,000 for the development and promotion of activities and events to partner with the City's See3Slam event as well as the Winter Wonderland event in John Dam Plaza.
- Tri-City Regional Chamber of Commerce - $14,000.00 to sponsor two awards of Economic Gardening services to two Richland based businesses.
- Tri-City Regional Chamber of Commerce - $6,000 on behalf of Stevens Media Group for the stage rental at John Dam Plaza for the 9 week Live@5 event.