Downtown (Parkway) Business Improvement District
The Downtown (Parkway) Business Improvement District (DBID) was established by the City of Richland Ordinance 03-07, on February 6th, 2007. To view of a map of the Downtown BID click here.
Once established the Business Improvement district is operated by a Board of Directors made up of some of the business owners of the district. The DBID operates through a small budget made up quarterly of assessments charged to businesses within the designated Parkway area. This assessment outlined in its original ordinance, provided the DBID the opportunity to utilize the assessments collected for holiday lighting, maintenance, landscaping, promotion, and administration.
The BID oversees, supports and helps coordinate the following:
- Market at the Parkway (June through October annually)- https://richlandwafarmersmarket.com/
- Pedestrian area refuse collection
- Holiday tree lighting
- Fall Carnival (Last Saturday of October annually)
- Trick or Treat at the Parkway (Last Saturday of October annually)
- Flower potting throughout the Parkway
- Upgrading common electrical outlets