Economic Development Week
Celebrating Economic Development in Richland
In collaboration with TRIDEC and our neighboring cities we are featuring economic development activities and highlighting key projects that we have been working on so far this year and beyond. The week's featured topics include:
· Business Support ~ we are pleased to be launching our new richlandbusiness.com website with new features and easier access to information about starting and growing your business in Richland. We also have programs such as our facade improvement program and energy service programs that provide great resources to businesses.
· Workforce and Talent Development ~ we are pleased to have some of the largest employers in the Tri-Cities located in Richland as well as some of the largest training facitlities with partnerships in Richland such as CBC and WSU Tri-Cities, in addition to the HAMMER training facility that services many of the training efforts for Hanford and it's contractors.
· Infrastructure ~ these programs we work together with our Public Works department and offer special appreciation for all their hard work on the street projects within Richland, assistance in master-planning new commercial development and also improving current infrastructure as it deteriorates over time.
· Redevelopment ~redevelopment is as important as new development although its often not as celebrated. Current key redevelopment projects are the Frost Me Sweet expansion and facade improvements, the 1100 and 1200 Jadwin buildings are being redone to provide living space downtown as well as renovated office space. The Dollar Tree on Jadwin did a nice job renovating part of their new space and the complete overhall of the old M Hotel to what is now the Best Western Plus. The City Hall site is also going to be a key redevelopment opportunity downtown.
· Friday ~ New Projects ~there are several new projects that are happening in Richland right now, one of the largest is the 650 GWay Park Place development, the Tracts D and E are in discussions for a mixed-use development and the new strip mall next to the Homewood Suites on Gway.
For more information on development in Richland, check back often.